p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert
59725966

My Kindle was updated recently and now it is cluttered with

Customer Question

My Kindle was updated recently and now it is cluttered with books that I've already read. How do I get rid of them? I've tried the same method that I used BEFORE MY KINDLE WAS UPDATED they still remain, and I can't get rid of them. I would like to return to the old outdated Kindle rather than the supposedly better, updated version. I have a paper white which I love.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Karen.

You can touch on each item and then choose Remove, or Archive.

Also try looking in a different place on your kindle, where you should see a Home or Device library, and a separate Cloud library.

The cloud library is a collection of all the books you've ever purchased, which are stored on amazon servers, and available for you to download to the kindle again, but they aren't physically on your kindle device. Only the items in the device library are there.