Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

What is this about the need to update my Kindle Reader? I

Customer Question

What is this about the need to update my Kindle Reader? I just heard on the evening news.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. As long as your Kindle fire is connected to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name (on your kindle, go to the Wi-Fi / Wireless option / menu to check), then your kindle should be already updated. To confirm, please click on the Amazon website below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200529680

, then there, select your kindle model, and then click on the option "Determine Your Software Version", then follow the instructions there to check if your kindle has the latest update version

; if no, then follow the instructions there in order to update your kindle

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

If there is still issue with trying my previous suggestion, please do the following steps:

1. Tap the Quick Settings (gear) icon at the top, and then tap on option More.
    Or swipe down from the top of the screen to open Quick Settings menu, and then tap option More or option Settings.
  2. Tap option Device.
  3. If needed, tap on option About or option System Updates.
  4. Then you will see your kindle OS / version number and serial number there.

Then please type your kindle version and serial number at the box below on this web page, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can check if your kindle needs an update or not.

If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,