Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist

Did a factory reboot now i cant view netflix and other media

Customer Question

did a factory reboot now i cant view netflix and other media
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JKalman replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. When you do a factory reset, there may be some apps in the factory release configuration that did not make the cut for the factory build image, because they were added at the last minute. You can download these from the Google Play store. Netflix is one of them.

Please let me know if you have any problems with or questions about this advice. If I have solved your problem, I would appreciate a good or an excellent rating. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my mistake i have the app however the only media i seem to be able to play is youtube. netflix and other media streaming is not working at first i had message no flash played so i download an android version...does not work for nexfix i can get to the page to start a movie but it will not play
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
same with other media
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i also loae
ded firefox, which is where i got the android version of flash
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry for the typo's i usulally use a full keyboard not the tablet to type.this is not easy!
Expert:  JKalman replied 7 months ago.

Sorry. I do not have a solution for you. I am going to opt out and make this question available to other experts.

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you are getting the message no Flash Player then it means your viewing them within your web browser which on Android does not run Flash.

You need to view these via the actual apps these are for.

Exactly which media services are you having this issue with as it was not exactly clear. Please list them below.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
netflix movies will not play. i get to the play arrow and the broswer closes when pressed. I dont know how to tell what media service this site i use is using. it is www.bethel,tv. sometimes i can hear the vedio but never see the video.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Can you go to Settings, Applications.

Locate Netflix, press it and press Clear Data.

Once done, tell me if Netflix now opens please