Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I bought DROID PHONE ON LINE i checked it and it is clean

Customer Question

i bought DROID PHONE ON LINE i checked it and it is clean and the lady i bought irt off of did a factory reset and now i cant get on my phone because it wants the previces google account it was synced with
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

follow these steps please>

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    If the screen is frozen, perform an alternate reset.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button and Power buttons until the Boot Mode Selection Menu appears then release.
  3. From the Boot Mode Selection Menu, select Recovery.
    Utilize the volume down button to scroll through the options and the volume up button to select.
    If a selection is not made within 5 seconds, the device powers up normally.
  4. From the Android system recovery screen (exclamation point with an android figure), press and hold the Volume up button then press and release the Power button to display the menu.
    If the menu doesn't display, refer to the alternate button method.
  5. Select wipe data/factory reset.
    Utilize the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  6. Select Yes -- delete all user data.
    Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.
  7. Select reboot system now.
    Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
    To setup the device after the reset has completed, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.

Alternate Button Method

1. From the Android system recovery screen (exclamation point with an android figure), press and hold the Volume down button then press and release the volume up button to display the menu.
  2. Select wipe data/factory reset.
  3. Select Yes -- delete all user data.
  4. Select reboot system now.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
none of this works it was a phone that i bought from someone and it wants there google account in order to set up the phone i have no clue what it was or the phone number i see i have wasted my money and time if you can not help me
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do i get pasted the set up wizard
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how do i get past the setup wizard? it wants the previous google account synced to the phone and I do not have this information and cannot get it. Google is only open during the weekdays for support and I need the phone now.
When you do a factory restore that should put the phone back to the original out of the box state.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
well i have done the factory reset and the wipe all user data thing already and it is not letting me past the setup wizard where it says the phone has been previously synced to a google account........

okay, this sounds like it is still locked to the previous owners google account. You can try these sreps to unlock it>

Go through the Setup Wizard until you encounter the "About your privacy" page (you might need to connect to Wi-Fi). Hit the "Privacy settings" link, then "View Motorola Privacy Policy". On that page, select any text and hit the Search button, which will open the browser. Type Settings into the address bar, and tap the suggested Settings app.

Enable developer options (by tapping the version code in About Phone), then go into Developer Options and turn on USB debugging. Connect your device to a PC with ADB installed (from here) and run this in a shell window:

adb shell content insert --uri content://settings/secure --bind name:s:user_setup_complete --bind value:s:1

Now you can go into Settings and do a Factory Reset.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this has been done as well. the stupid thing still will not get past the google account wanted???

okay, I am out of ideas on this. I will open the question to our other experts.

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Did you recently reset the password ***** your Google account that was used on the phone?