Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

I am experiencing trouble with my kindle reader being unable

Customer Question

Hi, I am experiencing trouble with my kindle reader being unable to return search results when I search for books online. So if I type in 'the cat in a hat' for example and click 'go' the search just hangs and never comes back with matching titles. I have verified my WiFi connection and that I have a good signal. I have also been able to bring up a browser and successfully navigatemail to cnn.com. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press and hold the power on / off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok...it is booting back up right now...will let you know

OK, please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Unfortunately same problem..after the search takes some time then returns Kindle store encountered an expected error

Sorry, please disconnect power cord from internet modem / router device(s) for a few minutes, then re-connect, then wait a bit, and check

; if that does not work, go to Wi-Fi / wireless menu on kindle, then tap on your wireless network name, then tap on Forget option and confirm if prompted

, then tap on your wireless network name again, then connect, and check

; if needed, reboot the kindle again and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried this earlier. I think I will may need to update my firmware but I will need to look into this later when I return from work
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was hoping there was some easy setting that I was missing but will continue to work on it later. Thank you for your help though

You're welcome. OK, yes, latest firmware is needed; here are the instructions for updating firmware:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200529680

Do you need anything else for now? Thank you.

That should work, but if not, please get back to me (via the email message from JustAnswer / Viet), so I can troubleshoot further. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I appreciate all your help . Have a great day

You're welcome. If there is any issue later on, please get back to me any time (via the email message from JustAnswer / Viet), so I can troubleshoot further. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you very much I will

You're welcome. If there is still any issue after upgrading the firmware, then please try the following:

- Go to menu / settings (and/or menu / settings / menu again), then look for the Device option if needed, then Reset to factory defaults, and confirm yes / reset, then check.

Please let me know. Thank you.