JKalman
JKalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Just bought Samsung 8" Tablet Model SMT-350. Connected to

Customer Question

Just bought Samsung 8" Tablet Model SMT-350. Connected to WiFi and I was able to set up one of my emails, not the other two. And I set up my Kindle. But I cannot get on the Internet at all. How can I set up my tablet to get on the Internet, not just connect to WiFi?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JKalman replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What? It is a Samsung Tablet. Operating system? The information I sent was not what you needed? I have not idea how to find out a tablet's operating system.
Expert:  JKalman replied 8 months ago.

Sorry about the operating system on your computer. Not really relevant to this problem.

n your Samsung tablet, when you go to Settings > Applications, you can swipe the screen to the left or right to show these various tabs: Downloaded, SD Card, Running, All, and Turned Off. Display the screen with the tab titled All.

Expert:  JKalman replied 8 months ago.

The suggestion that you received earlier was the way to find any app and select it. Then you will fi button to clear the cache, which you have already done, and another button to clear the data. If an app is not native to the operating system, it can be uninstalled from this screen too. If it is part of the operating system, you can uninstall updates. You can also force an app to stop, only as a last resort. These are all remedies to apps that are not working properly. Forcing a stop elicits a warning that this may cause errors, but sometimes there is no downside to overriding this warning.

Expert:  JKalman replied 8 months ago.

There is no application for Wifi, but there are apps for Wifi Direct. If you used Wifi Direct to set up your wifi, this may be the wsource of your problem. However, I suspect that it is not.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I swiped "applications" and I get "application manager" and "default applications" then the list of application settings: calendar, camera, contacts, email, Internet, music and weather. I don't see the tabs you listed or a tab for "all."
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I probably would not hear you well on the phone, so I don't think I will call.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just used the regular WiFi tab under connections to set up the WiFi, not WiFi Direct.
Expert:  JKalman replied 8 months ago.

Just so you know, you did not see the applications, because you did not select Application Manager. However, I believe that the reason that you cannot get on the internet is that you have not registered your tablet yet with Google.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK, I got it. I am at someone else's house, and there were 3 options for their WiFi. One was ext-5g, one was =ext and one was just the name with no ext. I switched to the one with no ext and I'm on. That's it for now. Thank you for trying.
Expert:  JKalman replied 8 months ago.

Very good. I am glad that you were able to resolve your problem. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did try "application manager." Not important now, but just FYI. OK, that's all for now.
Expert:  JKalman replied 8 months ago.

Roger that.