Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I received a letter to tell me to update my Kindle (2nd

Customer Question

I received a letter to tell me to update my Kindle (2nd Generation) by March 22, 2016. I followed all the directions to receive the update and was expecting to receive a confirmation letter titled 03-2016 Successful Update. Instead, my Kindle stopped working and said it needed to be registered. I attempted to register it and received a message that my e-mail and password ***** not match---thus preventing me from registering it. Note: it has been registered as Susan's 2nd Kindle for several years. I used my Amazon password ***** try again and still nothing! What now?? All my content disappeared when the need to register info came up. I'm really frustrated---Help!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there Susan and welcome

Sorry to hear about the issue you are now having.

When you now turn on your Kindle, what is the exact message you see?