Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I purchased a LG Tracfone LG41C somehow I locked the phone

Customer Question

I purchased a LG Tracfone LG41C somehow I locked the phone up. When I turn the phone on the default wall paper is displayed, no apps buttons are displayed. The clock and date is displayed and working fine. A emergency call icon is displayed and when depressed a phone keyboard is displayed. It will work if I need it. Tracfone suggested try to restore to the original factory defaults,by turning off the phone removing battery and replacing it. Then simultaneously by pressing power on,the volume and home buttons. This failed to help. I am hoping you all can help me. LG products have worked perfectly for me in the past. I do not want to throw away the phone please help.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

The reset is a little more specific than that.

First, turn the phone off. Then, while turning it on, press and hold the volume down and home button. Once it starts to turn on, release. This should bring you to a text based menu called recovery. Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu to the wipe/factory reset option and then use power to select. Then go through the setup again.

If that doesn't work, do the same exact thing but with the up volume while starting instead. One of those will work. You may have to try several times since the timing can be tricky.