Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

I have an LG4 which is 9 months old. I was getting a message

Customer Question

I have an LG4 which is 9 months old. I was getting a message all the time that said "Google Play store needs to be upgraded". The phone and APPS all worked when I was getting this message. I tried to do the upgrade myself and it didn't work. Went to an ATT device repair center and when they went to upgrade Google Play store, the phone crashed. Can't get into anything. Not a black screen - the icons show up but the screen blinks all the time and the battery is now very warm. Was told they need to remove and reinstall everything on the phone. Most upsetting is that I have over 500 pictures of my 6 grandkids all under 5 years old, on the phone. It is so upsetting to hear I will lose the pictures as apparently the phone did not have an SD card in it when I bought it, which I didn't know. I bought a card, but photos can't be downloaded. Was told this is a software problem. Should I try sending the phone to the LG repurpose facility in Fort Worth Texas? Do you think they might be able to repair it. I am devastated about the thought of losing these priceless pictures. Tried hooking phone up to my computer to see if I could pull them in that way but it didn't work. Any help or hope you could offer me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 7 months ago.

Hi Barb,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where is your reply? I am not seeing it here.