p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert

My kindle needs the software update before March 22 -- If it

Customer Question

my kindle needs the software update before March 22 -- If it is not done will I still be able to read my books - will the lack of download up date only stop the purchase of new books - if not updated can I transfer my books etc to a new kindle fire
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Richard.

If you don't update the kindle, you will still be able to keep using it as you have been for existing books, but the kindle won't be able to update further, load new books/purchases, etc.

You can get a new kindle fire (about $50: )

and your books, old and new, would work on it and would still work (for the older ones) on the current kindle as well.

Updating to a new model does not require transferring anything, as everything, you purchase is available in your amazon account and will work on any device associated with that account.

Would you like some help with updating the old kindle?

Do you need more help with this?