Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Locked my Samsung S6 up Finger print didn>t work and

Customer Question

Locked my Samsung S6 up Finger print didn>t work and forgot my password
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question Gerry, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Note, it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

1. First, turn off the phone by using the Power button.
  2. Now press and hold together: Volume Up + Home + Power button, until you see Samsung logo.
  3. Then select from Recovery Mode menu "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.
  4. Choose "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm the whole operation.
  5. After that select option "reboot system now".
  6. The hard reset has now been performed.

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you