Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a rooted Verizon HTC one m8 that keeps trying to

Customer Question

I have a rooted Verizon HTC one m8 that keeps trying to install firmware for the new Verizon upgrade, but it has been unsuccessful.The 'downloading firmware' dialog box has been stuck doing nothing for about a week now...I can't close the box, and it won't move forward with the download...any ideas?
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Never just started downloading the firmware by itself, so I no longer need your help, but thank you.I will undoubtedly be needing you for something in the future😃
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I feel that your question deserves an answer, though you have evidently found a solution elsewhere.

If your download didn't start, but finally ran through, then that should have been simply restarted. A firmware download that has not even started you can interrupt without any ill effect, usually.

You would be welcome to return to ask another question here at and no response to this whatever is required. Thanks.