Jason Jones, Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

I have no storage on my Kindle Fire because on miscellaneous

Customer Question

I have no storage on my Kindle Fire because on miscellaneous has .89 GB and I do not know what is in there or how to delete any thing.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

That miscellaneous memory is the Kindle Fire's operating system. All the data that is used to run the Kindle Fire is contained within that memory space. If you were to somehow delete that information, your Kindle would stop working. In short, that memory is untouchable.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can use my kindle when all of the storafe is used up before I order anything. I use it for reading when I have no other light.

You will need to remove some of the other data stored on the Kindle. You may uninstall Applications.

1. From the “Home” screen, open “Settings“.
  2. Choose “Apps & Games“.
  3. Select “Manage All Applications“.
  4. Swipe over to the right to show “All” apps.
  5. Select the app you wish to remove, then select “Uninstall“.

Once you do that, you will have more storage to play with.

I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.

I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.

I will be standing by,
Jason