Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have been trying to setup my kindle Fire email. It

Customer Question

Hi Nick, I'm Lisa. I have been trying to setup my kindle Fire email. It populated with all the same email settings as my iPhone 6, but I keep getting "Unable to connect to server. The server cannot be found on the Internet: mobile.charter.net.
The rep thru Amazon was of no help. Can you help me?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check that the Kindle Fire has its internet connection working, and enabled.

If the 'unable to connect to server' message or condition comes up at this point, then you need to connect to the email server address, with the exact right settings for email access, and especially, with the right server address, and with the right settings.

In short, go through the email setup on the Kindle, but not just imitating the settings on your iPhone. iPhone access is different. Instead go through the settings, asking me each time what it should be - with the limitation mentioned in the next paragraph.

You don't need to tell me your email address, nor your password! that would be an insecure thing to do on a public forum, and inadvisable. Instead, tell me, step-by-step, all the other settings. And esp., any that you are the least uncertain about.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Russell, about 15 mins. ago I had hit the button for you to call me because I thought maybe it would be better to tell you via phone, but you are not immediately available and I have to bring my dad home with Hospice Crisis Care tomorrow. So.... Here is what I wanted to say: At about 5am EST, I turned my Kindle Fire back on and thought what the heck, I'll just try the simple input of my email address and password ***** see if I get the same msg I got all yesterday. No! It immediately signed me on and synced and all my email appeared. So.... Now I don't need the advice afterall, since I apparently did fix it myself. What does this mean in terms of getting a refund? I paid the entire amount. I'm ok with throwing a bit your way since you did take the time to at least look at my issue, but I would think I'd get a partial refund - would that be correct? Thank you for your time.
Best regards,
Lisa

Glad to hear that the 'persist with it' approach worked!

That former server error message may have been because the server was simply 'down' at the time. Trying later is recommended for that, as feeble as it sounds to many, in terms of technical advice.

As for how much to refund, how much to pass my way, etc.: I cannot negotiate such things.

To pay me anything, you would have to Accept my answer. I am not paid otherwise.

To adjust anything about billing, payment, charges, refunds, etc., contact Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, through

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.

Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com.

I hope your experience was such that you will return at another time to this site, to ask another question or questions should you have need.