Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

My kindle has frozen on a page after I dropped it. I can't

Customer Question

My kindle has frozen on a page after I dropped it. I can't turn it off and when I tried to recharge it the light stayed orange and got very hot
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release and check .If that fails we will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Wait 15 minutes then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure due to being dropped.

Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value,

You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!