Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

Technician tried to help me. I had to leave. they were to

Customer Question

technician tried to help me. I had to leave. they were to call me back. now I have nothing on my kindle and can't get it to work.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi Frank and welcome

I do not see any question history for you.

What exactly is the issue on the Kindle? Its a blank screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have any wi fi connection. I had the help of a technician this morning because I was constantly charging my kindle after two or three hours it needed to be recharged again. I waited and waited finally got off the phone. technician called and said they would call me back but never did. I have no service.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, so the Kindle is on and function, you just have no wifi correct Fran?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have wifi and I think the books I was reading are gone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can everything just be restored to what it was before the technician got involved. I should never have called.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I should be charged because the technician from Amazon messed it all up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, if you do not think you should be charged, then I cannot continue with you as we are a paid service.

You can contact customer service about the charges

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can I call them? I've paid you Are you going to help me?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I am trying to Fran, I asked a question and you replied with you want it how it was before and you do not want to pay...

If you are going to allow me to help you, then please respond to my question on what is the Kindle No doing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's doing nothing. it's not a blank page. I have a most visited page but nothing is working because I have no wifi connection. I don't know my passwork.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, so the problem is you do not know the wifi password ***** enter into your Kindle when connecting correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, thats is not related in effect to the Kindle, hence the charge.

Now I know the issue, can you tell me if you have a windows computer already connected to the wifi network please.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Fran?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I. Have windows . Verizon is my provider
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

We can get the password ***** this.

Press the windows key + R and type in

ncpa.cpl

Press enter

Right click on the wireless connection and click on Status

Then click on wireless properties

Click on the Security Tab and then click on Show Characters and you can then see the wireless password ***** to use

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wireless connection is not here. I'm extremely frustrated and will stop here. I can't go on.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, so then you do not have wireless, so check on the router for the wireless key or security key please and enter that on Kindle