Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

How do I copy contacts from LG G3 Cell phone to Outlook 2016

Customer Question

How do I copy contacts from LG G3 Cell phone to Outlook 2016 contacts?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Follow these steps to copy your Microsoft Outlook contacts to your LG G3.

If you have contacts stored in Microsoft Outlook®, you can export them to a comma separated values (CSV) file and then import them into your Gmail account. You can then sync your LG G3 with your Gmail contacts.
1. On the computer, launch Microsoft Outlook.

2. Click File.

3. Click Open.

4. Click Import.

5. Click Export to a file

6. Click Next.

7. Click Comma Separated Values (Windows).

8. Click Next.

9. Click Contacts.

10. Click Next.

11. Click Browse and choose a location to save the CSV file (e.g., on the desktop).

12. Click Next.

13. Click Finish.

14. Launch a web browser and navigate to Gmail (gmail.com).

15. Log in to your Gmail account.

16. Click Contacts.

17. Click More.

18. Click Import.

19. Select the CSV file with your contacts.

20. Click Import.

21. The contacts have been imported into Gmail.

22. On the phone, touch Apps.

23. Touch Settings.

24. Touch General.

26. Touch Google.

27. Touch your Google account

28. Touch the Menu icon.

29. Touch Sync now.

30. The account has been synced.
To view the new contacts, touch Home

31. Touch Apps.

32. Touch Contacts.

33. The imported contacts can now be seen in the contacts list.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. I want to copy them FROM Android LG G3 TO Outlook 2016 contacts.

okay, try this please>

1. Log on to your Google Gmail account.

2. Choose Gmail >Contacts.

3. At the top of the contacts section, select More >Export.

4. Under Which contacts do you want to export, choose a contact group or All Contacts.

5. Under Which export format, select Outlook CSV (for importing into Outlook or another application), and then choose Export.

6. When prompted to download the export file, choose Save As.

7. Choose Browse and choose a location on your computer to temporarily save the file. The default file name is contacts.csv.

If you want, you can open the contacts.csv file with Excel to check that all of your contacts were successfully exported. Unless you've been extraordinarily thorough at entering info for your contacts in Gmail, the exported CSV file will likely look something like the following, with info in some cells but not others:

NOTE You can delete this file after your contacts are imported into Outlook.

Import your Google Gmail contacts into Outlook

1. In Outlook on your desktop (Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016), choose File > Open & Export > Import/Export.

2. Choose Import from another program or file, and then choose Next.

3. Choose Comma Separated Values, and then choose Next.

4. In the Import a File box, browse to find the file you saved in step 7 of the previous procedure, and then double-click to select it.

5. Choose one of the following to specify how you want Outlook to handle duplicate contacts:

• Replace duplicates with items imported If a contact is in Outlook and Gmail, Outlook discards the info it has for that contact and uses the info from Gmail. You should choose this option if the contact info in Gmail is more complete or more current than the contact info in Outlook.

• Allow duplicates to be created If a contact is in Outlook and Gmail, Outlook creates duplicate contacts, one with the original Outlook info and one with the info imported from Gmail. You can combine info for those people later to eliminate duplicate contacts. This is the default option and the safest one because no info is discarded.

• Do not import duplicate items If a contact is in Outlook and Gmail, Outlook keeps the info it has for that contact and discards the info from Gmail. You should choose this option if the contact info in Outlook is more complete or more current than the contact info in Gmail.

6. Click Next.

7. In the Select a destination folder box, scroll to the top if needed and select the Contacts folder > Next.

8. Choose Finish.

Outlook imports your contacts to Outlook.

Viewing your contacts in Outlook

1. In Outlook on your desktop, select Address Book, choose the name of your mailbox, and choose Contacts.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did this and in Excel there were column headings and NO contacts.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please send further responses to***@******.***. Thank you.

okay, I can send the info directly to your email.

before you close this post, please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!