Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

Earlier was stuck in kids mode. Followed directions to use

Customer Question

Earlier was stuck in kids mode. Followed directions to use touch wiz home and got out but then the touch wiz home launcher appeared everything I did something. Cleared cache to get rid of it, now bottom buttons don't work. I tried hard reboot but nothing works. Can you help?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Please plug your tablet into a wall charger and while it is connected to the charger, hold down the POWER button for a full 30 seconds without releasing.

After the restart, please try again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That doesn't seem to work. When I hold down the power button, it doesn't restart it just closes the screen and when I restart and hold button, it just restarts. On another note there is a small profile icon at the top of the fingerprint screen. Never saw that before
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Are you still stuck in "kids mode"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably. Whenever I hit the home button I get the choice of launching with either touch wiz home or kids mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will not be able to continue tonight as it is 11:00 pm EST. I will be available again tomorrow evening after 7:30 pm EST.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Please reply back here when you are ready

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Josh--I'm back. OK, apparently if I keep Touch Wiz as my default launcher I can open apps, if I clear it then the choice of Touch Wiz or Kids mode comes up before I can open an app. Didn't have this issue before being stuck in kids mode. Also still cannot close running programs as that button does not work. Back button does work.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the long wait.

I would recommend a factory reset to fix the issue..

1. With the device turned off, press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power button at the same time.
  2. Release all buttons when you see the Samsung logo.
  3. Android system recovery will load.
  4. Scroll down to wipe data/factory reset using the Volume down button, then press thePower button to confirm.
  5. Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data and press the Power button.
  6. The phone will be restored to factory settings.
  7. Once finished, scroll to reboot system now, then press the Power button.