p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert
59725966

Shelton Stafford here at. Some changes have occurred on my

Customer Question

Hi! Shelton Stafford here at***@******.***.
Some changes have occurred on my kindle which makes it unusable for my book reading. The home black icon is gone which enabled me to instantly view my home page with a list of books I had downloaded and hadn't read yet or was reading. Instead the home icon is different and keeps sending me to to a list of unknown movie digest volumes which I wasn't aware I ordered.
I'm not sure if I initiated the changes or if they were done by your company remotely!
I'm considering returning the unit to you for repairs. i need the address for returning the unit please.
You already have my account number and credit card number if required. Thank you.
S. Stafford.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Shelton.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Best regards,

Did you need more help with this, Shelton?