p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert
59725966

I have a Google Nexus tablet with the Kindle app and need a

Customer Question

I have a Google Nexus tablet with the Kindle app and need a little help. Is there a way to delete books from the tablet? I see how to delete them when I go to Amazon, but they are still taking up memory on my tablet.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Jewel.

You need to touch and hold on each individual title, then it will bring up an options menu, and you can choose Remove or Archive, to take them off the tablet app.

You generally don't want to delete on the amazon site, because that permanently removes the book from your account, and if you ever wanted it again you'd have to purchase it again. By doing the remove or archive, that keeps it available in the cloud to download later if you wish, but doesn't take up space on your device. If an item shows on your app as being in the Cloud library (not the Device library) then it is not stored locally on your tablet.

Best regards,

Did you need more help with this?