ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have a Galaxy s4 that just stopped turning on one day. I

Customer Question

I have a Galaxy s4 that just stopped turning on one day. I put it on the charger and went to bed and when I woke it wouldn't do anything. I have since just gotten a new phone but I would prefer to use the s4 over the s3 I am using now. I did take it to see if the battery was bad and the people I took it to said it wasn't the battery. They told me the motherboard was fryed. I have now heard through other people that the repair shop I took it too was no good and am just looking for a second opinion before I dispose of it.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

If the battery is good and there is no response at all from the phone when you try to turn it on, and nothing appears on the display, then I would suspect a fault with the power button rather than the motherboard.