info tech
info tech, Other
Experience:  E reader expert
18621325

Last night my Kindle Paperwhite just" froze" upon opening. I

Customer Question

Dear Sir or Madam,
Last night my Kindle Paperwhite just " froze" upon opening. I had selected a book I wanted to review and once the description and options came, hesitantly, onto the screen, it simply "froze" not responding to any instruction. The battery is relatively full and I plugged it into my computer thinking that since I'd tried to "reboot" it on the OFF switch, and nothing happened, that perhaps a surge of electricity might shift it but to no avail. YOUR HELP PLEASE.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  info tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here I do find a software glitch can cause this.

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars at the top of the page thanks again

Regards

Anthony