Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

The way my Kindle worked was changed and I 't seem to

Customer Question

The way my Kindle worked was changed and I don't seem to understand the new way
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is because Amazon has released a new update and your Kindle has updated. Would you like to change it back to default/old view ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

There is a way to change back to original view without downgrading the software. I can give you instructions for that. Would you like to do that ? Please type your reply below on the box and click Send to send it to me

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ashik- I will get back to you when I get my new Kindle- I decided to get a new Kindle , different model , and if I have trouble setting up I will contact you immediately- Thank you- Carol
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi Carol, The new Kindle may comes with latest software, so you will have same issue. If you would like to change the view of Kindle, then follow the steps below;

Tap the Menu button (the 3 dots button at top right). Tap Settings. From Settings, tap Device Options. Tap Advanced Options and turn off Homescreen view switch. This will change it back with deleting new software.

Yes, you can get back to me when you get a Kindle and I will help you setting it up if you have any difficulty.

Best Regards,