Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

I have a 7" Kindle Fire HD. I used it months and now it is

Customer Question

I have a 7" Kindle Fire HD. I used it for several months and now it is asking for a password. I never set up a password. Even when it was working I couldn't get it to connect to the house WiFi. I don't remember ever registering it.
Sharon Schehr ***@******.***
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.

Follow these steps please.

1. On the lock screen, swipe from the right side edge of the screen.
  2. Enter an incorrect password ***** PIN (at least characters in length) five times. You will be prompted to reset your device or wait 30 seconds to try again.
  3. Tap Reset to reset your device to factory defaults.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I reset the password ***** when I try to continue, the message is : Server response timed out. The server is taking too long to respond. Please try again later. I've tried several times with the same result. If I go back and select the "factory reset", it looks like I'll loose all information.

Okay, that sounds like it needs your WiFi connected. Try this on your Kindle> press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. Then when the kindle powers back on>

• Then try connecting to Wi-Fi
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network .
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.
  • If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After the 20 seconds, when I turn it on again I get the Lock Screen Password ***** reset password ***** again. I put in a new one and get the disconnect. I did not see any WiFi.
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will try to help you with this.

What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?

- Please disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for about 5 minutes, then re-connect

, then press and hold the Power on / off button on the Kindle Fire HD for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on

, then log in your kindle

, then try the following on the Kindle:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap Wireless.
  2. Verify that Airplane Mode is Off.
  3. Next to Wi-Fi, tap On.
  4. Tap a network to connect to it. If you see a lock icon, a network password ***** ***** Enter the Wi-Fi network password ***** prompted, and then tap Connect.

Your wi-fi / wireless password ***** be at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s); it is case-sensitive.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

How is it going? Do you still need help with this issue?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Second notice: I do not want your help. Please stop contacting me.