Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How can I recover all deleted files, apps, and text messages

Customer Question

how can I recover all deleted files, apps, and text messages on a lgu410P that had no sd card installed im needing it recovered for a custody case
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am not sure what device you are asking about. I would presume it was an android tablet or smartphone, but there are no less than three of either laptops or tablets that have 'u401p' in their model numbers... and none of them is an LG-made device!

So please identify your device in full, so that I may figure out an answer to your question.

(I would presume, though, that if it's a laptop with a hard disk, then you would need to deploy un-erase software or data recovery utilities... and if it is an Android OS device, then you would need to use altogether different utilities that could also recovery some files, if not all, from memory or storage.)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have a model number LG-VS410PP version 2.3.6

That is quite an old model.

Can you tell me what the currently installed Android OS version is? it was originally released with Android 2.3 on it... which is quite outdated. The software to use on recovering data from it must match the Android OS version on it, so I need that info, please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The OS version is 2.3.6
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Try this program, see if it works on version 2.3:

http://www.android-recovery.net/recover-android-internal-memory-data.html

And if not, try this program:

http://www.file-recovery.com/android_recovery.htm

which will have to be paid for if you want to recover files above a certain size. But will work with 2.X.