Cris
Cris, Technician
Experience:  3yrs. experience with Android phone and tablets.
10156100

I have a Galaxy 6 phone. Recently our IT department made a

Customer Question

I have a Galaxy 6 phone. Recently our IT department made a change to the Active Sync/Excahange setup which requires my phone to be encryped. My phone had been encrypted before this new exchange change and the active synch was working fine. Now when the exchange setup gets to the part to make sure the phone is encrypted, it does not detect that it is already encrypted. Have you run into this problem before?
BTW, I did a factory reset on my phone and the active synch began to work, but only for about 24 hours when the Exchange system again did not detect that my phone was already encrypted and would not allow the connection to occur.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

I have seen this issue before and the solution was on the server end. Every time a phone is setup and added to the person profile it doesn't delete the phone as a mobile device for that profile. Your IT dept. has to go into Exchange Management Console and remove all of the old phone devices on your profile and just leave your current device. This should resolve your issue.

Let me know if you have any further questions.