Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I received a google tablet 7in ASUS Nexus 7-inch 32 GB...

Customer Question

I received a google tablet 7in ASUS Nexus 7-inch 32 GB... ASUS 1B32-4G0 2012 Model Christmas 2014 from my family. They said they had purchased an extended warranty for it. All the paperwork was lost before I got it and I have just tried to deal with what I could find out on the internet which was not much. It has never worked right, locking up all the tome and shutting down. I had not been able to find out what to do about it and just decided to use it for what I could and let it go at that but now it wont charge at all. It never did hold a charge more than a couple of hours and would take sometimes 24 to 30 hours to charge. It would also run out of charge even plugged in. Now I cant turn it on at all and am trying to find out what I can do about it.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

First, are you charging it from a wall socket or a computers USB port?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
from a wall socket
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It would never charge from the computer port.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Thanks

Can you please hold the Volume Up button and power while is connected to the wall socket.

Does it then turn on Pat?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It does nothing even though I bought a new charger cable. I think the charger port on the tablet is bad and the only way to check it is to mail it in somewhere, but I don't know where to send it.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Is the plug fitting properly? Is it moving at all when connected indicating it is loose?

And where did you purchase the Tablet from?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It has always been a little loose and not in straight, just worse now. My grandson ordered it as a Christmas and said that he had ordered the extended warranty. When it came there were no instructions, user manual, or any paperwork at all, just the tablet and the charger. He did not have copies of the order or a receipt so I've been unable to do very much with it.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, the port is the at fault here.

The warranty is all tied to the serial number so it will be registered, you just need to return it to the place of purchase and this can be organized for you Pat.