Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry
22727371

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note III. I picked up some sort of

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note III. I picked up some sort of bug that says my browser is heayly damaged. It wants me to go through a process to fix it, which I am sure is ransom. This has happened to me before and I just wiped my phone clean and started over. Would like to not do that if there is an alternative.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

Which browser are you using?

for eg: chrome etc.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
google and IE
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Mosly. Usually google. Sometimes Chrome.

I mean to say in your Samsung note 3 which browser are you using?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Maybe I am not understanding, but I use mostly either the Google icon or the IE icon in order to access the internet
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is on my phone.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just added firefox as a browser to the phone and it is not infected.

Please uninstall the infected browsers and then again reinstall from play store.

To uninstall > go to Settings > APPS > then select the browser > then uninstall.

Then again open Play Store > then search for those browser and then install.

Tell me how it goes!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Keep in mind that this is a samsung galaxy note III. It does not have an apps tab. It has, within settings, an "application manager." So, I was able to uninstall google and chrome, but IE is not in the list, so I have sort of solved the problem by installing FireFox. If you have some other idea, let me know. If not, this is problem good enough for today. Thanks for your help.

Did uninstalling and reinstalling chrome solved the chrome's problem?

As of first step we will uninstall any malicious app from your phone.

Please go to the Application Manager > This will bring up a list of installed apps, including the malicious app for eg: BaDoink
If you cannot find the malicious app, I would recommend you to uninstall all the recently installed apps.

Please let me know after doing this step.

I will tell you further steps to eliminate this virus completely from your phone.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The problem is not resolved. I reloaded google. Same problem. I cannot apparently remove I E from this phone. I loaded Firefox and so I know have internet access, but this is surely bound to happen again. Any other thoughts on how to get it off my browsers and how to prevent it from happening again?

Please download Avast Free Mobile Security from google playstore.
Click on the “Install” button, and when the app permissions will be displayed click on “Accept” install Avast Free Mobile Security on your Android phone.
Then follow the onscreen instructions to scan and remove any threats from your phone.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am sorry to be such a pain. I have Avast and did at the time this happened. Still can't get rid of it. I may have to just wipe my phone clean and start over.