Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Please help. My child has locked me out of my phone. I need

Customer Question

Please help. My child has locked me out of my phone. I need to get back in but cannot remember pin. I have 1 more attempt left cannot lose my info. 12 yrs in the making. No g-mail works. I need a backdoor way into the phone please help. pete(###) ###-####
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Note, it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

• Turn the Galaxy S5 off.
  • Now press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button together until you see the Android on screen.
  • Now use Volume down to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
  • Use Volume down again to highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
  • Wait until you see the reboot system now option and then use the Power button to select it.
  • When the S5 restarts it should be completely wiped and ready to set up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you