Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

I have a Kindle Targus Reader which is not taking a charge.

Customer Question

I have a Kindle Targus Reader which is not taking a charge. I presume I require a new battery. I am presently in London Ontario .
Where may I go for servicing or where can I purchase a battery.
I am in London for a short visit
Thanks
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This is most likely a hardware issue, either the battery to the actual charging port.. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method This could be caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Then try charging. Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No luck

okay, here is a link for the repair center>PLEASE CLICK HERE<<

Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.

Thank you very much!

Expert:  Randy Boman replied 12 months ago.

Were you able to get your kindle working?

You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.