Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

Here. My tablet SM-T530 will connect to the internet through

Customer Question

here. My tablet SM-T530 will connect to the internet through WiFi and after only some 10-20 seconds I get a message saying "authroisation error occurred. This keeps on happening.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: On checking the signal strength is very good. I tick "authorise" and it will connect again, then drop off again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Android Device Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 9 months ago.

Try this please. go to the Wifi section of your settings menu. Find your home WiFi network . Long press it, then choose "Forget." Then Unplug the power connector from the back of your wireless router

Unplug the power connector from the back of your modem if you have one.
Plug the power connector back into modem (wait a couple of minutes for it to fully boot) if necessary.
Plug the power connector back into the wireless router (wait a couple of minutes for it to fully boot)

Then reboot your Tablet and try the Wifi again.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Tried your suggestion. My tablet connects OK but still drops out after 10-20 seconds.
I said authorisation in my question, it is supposed to be "authentication". Does that make a difference?

No. I knew that you meant authentication.

Unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software,

1. go to Settings and then to Backup & reset.
  2. Tap Reset Devive.
  3. Choose Erase Everything if you are sure you want to clear all your data.
  4. Select OK to confirm the whole operation.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not impressed. If I wanted to erase everything I could have figured it out by myself. You charged $A37 for very little! Wish I could make money like that!

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and you are not required to pay for something that did not help.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Then why has my bank account been debited with $5 and $32?

you can get a full refund at anytime.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
In that case I am looking for a refund, thank you.

no problem. Please click here>http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I clicked your help line it did not tell me what to do - perhaps I am too old to understand what is going on, but I somehow was told to speak to a lawyer for the small sum of $81. What is going on?

Click here to be taken to the Order History page to request a refund. Refund requests are generally processed within 24 hours. However, it can take anywhere from 3-5 business days, depending on your bank, for your funds to be made available in your account.

All questions are refundable within 30 days of payment, but only some questions qualify for refunds online. If a question is available for an online refund, you should see a "Request a refund" link beneath the amount paid for that question. If you do not see the refund link and it's been fewer than 30 days, simply contact Customer Care by clicking Email, Chat or Phone above and our team will be happy to issue your refund.

You may also contact our Customer Support team. In the US or Canada(###) ###-####

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you.

your welcome!