Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I get a message problem with security certificate. Im un

Customer Question

I get a message problem with security certificate. Im un able to useGoogle on my phone and tablet. Certificate says its expiring 5/2016. Am I able to purchase Google for my phone and tablet. Phone is verizon purchased 2015 and tablet bought from BJ store in 2013. My phone number is(###) ###-####and gmail is ***@******.***. Thank you
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the certificate says it expires this coming May, then it should work until then... unless your phone's date is set to the wrong year, and/or the wrong month and year! Check on the date-time setting of your phone.

After that, you can also update your Android OS version on your phone. That might also update the certificates.