Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My fire won't turn on

Customer Question

my fire won't turn on
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 30 full seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot.
Do not press anything else during that minute. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.
NOTE:
_____

This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with the specific model number off of the back of the Kindle, and also how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

SO the only way to have the Yamaha produce sound fork connected sources is to route the optical out from the TV to the receiver (which is likely how it's already setup right now). If your concern is because you've purchased a new TV and the internal Smart APPS are only output from the HDMI ARC jack on the TV, then you can purchase an HDMI audio "stripper" which extracts the audio portion of the signal and converts to optical.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please disregard the portion about the Yamaha- that accidentally posted to your question. The rest regarding the Kindle procedure is the one meant for this post.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually, I checked with Kindle support and they said that since the Fire is refusing to turn on, even while it is plugged into the charger, the battery is dead and thus the Kindle is dead. I had already done everything you suggested, so unfortunately, I received no help for my money.Can the charges be reversed?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***