Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I created a password yesterday so my phone would be

Customer Question

I created a password ***** so my phone would be protected from my teenage friends, however, I forgot the pattern I put the birthdate down in for the password. Now my phone won't let me do anything. Do you think you may be able to help me with this problem? I don't care if I have to delete the password, I just can't lost any information in my phone.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kevin and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

When you enter wrong password ***** multiple times, it should ask for the Gmail/Google account associated with it. If it asked for Gmail/Google, So use that Gmail account to reset the code.

If that didn't work, then we can unlock it directly from Samsung Find My Mobile service. This will only work if you have the Find My Mobile option enabled on it and if it is connected to internet. Go to this website --> https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

Login to your Samsung account. Select your device on the left and click Screen Unlock at left column. This will unlock the screen.

If that didn't work, then the only option to get in to the phone is factory-reset it. There is no other way to override the password ***** if the Gmail/Samsung option didn't work. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). This is how they designed the device. I know you are wanting to fix this problem without resetting, but this can't be avoided if the above options are not working. If you are ready to reset it, follow the steps below to factory reset it;

Turn off the phone

Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.

Android system recovery will be loaded now

Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data.

Then select reboot system now

That should factory reset the phone . Please let me know if you have any difficulty.

Please note, I can only give you the solutions in here. If you are not satisfied with the solution, please don't rate me bad or poor. You don't have to rate me anything at all if you are not satisfied. Thank you.