Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

My daughter has an android phone. It's been off 8 months

Customer Question

My daughter has an android phone. It's been off for about 8 months now. I paid her bill yesterday and when we turn it on it says "Too many pattern attempts"
To unlock, sign in with your Google account. She tried her email and password ***** it just says the same thing. We called boost mobile and they said we have to contact Google. Can't figure it out really frustrating.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately this sounds like she used a different email or password ***** the phone was initially set up. If you can't remember that email and password ***** can reset the phone to factory defaults and set up again.

Try these steps please. With the phone powered off, press and hold these buttons down at the same time: Volume Down + Volume Up + Power key. Next from the menu choose "Wipe Data/Factory Reset", using Volume buttons to scroll to option, and Power button, to confirm operation. Then select "yes", and confirm with Power button.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!