Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My LG phone will not ring when someone calls. A local

Customer Question

My LG phone will not ring when someone calls. A local repairman says it is software issue. What should I do?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Does it at least announce incoming calls by vibrating?

If so - depending somewhat on what type of phone it is, cheap or expensive...

1. it may unfortunately have lost the power to produce sound! (double-check me on this one, if it actually still does produce sound demonstrably...) in which case vibrate 'ringing' may be a fallback for that sort of case, in the phone's workings.

2. volume might be very low.

3. volume might be Mute.

4. Make sure 'blocking' is Off.

5. Try pressing and holding the # *****

And there might be other things done for the problem, but check on those first, and let me know what model your phone is. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked on all of the above items. The phone lights up but does not vibrate. There is NO sound. A local repairman said it was a software problem. The phone is L33.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Would you be willing to try a factory reset of the phone?

Be warned: That would wipe all your personal data and settings off the phone. So it would be best to back up all data (and address book/Contacts list) to another device or sync to a computer, before doing this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tell me the procedure to do a factory reset. Thanks
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

With the phone turned Off,

- hold down the Volume - (or Volume Down) key, and also hold down the Power/Lock key

- and keep holding them down until the LG logo appears, then release the Power/Lock key,and then immediately press and hold it down again.

- only when the factory hard reset, should you release both keys.

- press the power/lock key to confirm, and again to execute it.

It will take 2 or 3 minutes perhaps for the device to restart fully after this is done. Then you can see whether, once it is set up again with your carrier, you get ringtone on your phone. Your phone *will* have to be set up again as if it just came from the store, so expect to have to configure it for your carrier information etc.