Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I JUST bought the cubby and its stuck in the child mode I

Customer Question

I JUST bought the cubby and its stuck in the child mode I didn't get to put in a password
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: idk the password ***** get out of child mode I need to know how to take it off
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: not really that's all I need
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What device is the 'cubby' you have just bought? by maker and model #, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's an android kitkat model cubby
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

A Sprout Channel cubby handheld, do you mean?:

http://www.sproutchannelcubby.com/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe so
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, then.

I would guess that the Cubby handheld is now in the already-configured status, and you were never asked to initialize it, register yourself as a Parent, etc.

(If that isn't the case, if you indeed *did* go through the

Let's Start

or the

Register Parent Account

stages, then let me know, please.)

If you are dealing with an already-configured (and possibly, returned after a previous purchase) Cubby device, then you can Reset it.

But, you need to be in Parent Mode to do that! so basically, you need to return your Cubby device as unusable, for an exchange for one that is not already initially configured - for one that offers you the

'Lets Start'

button at the bottom of the initial screen.