Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Is there a way to report grammatical, spelling, or

Customer Question

Is there a way to report grammatical, spelling, or formatting errors on the current version (Jan 31st, 2016) of Kindle for Android? I'm running it in a Samsung Note 5.
From what I've read on various forms age the Amazon site, other versions of Kindle allow text to be highlighted and submitted without needing to bring up a product page and copy/paste.
I've tried a few times to do this to make sure I was behind thorough. But failed to see an option to submit an error report from the hot-menu* that shows up when the text is highlighted.
If the option is not available, what is the preferred format for the error to be reported? As in:
1) how do I determine and report the location in the book?
2) how much text should I copy and paste?
3) should I explain the reason I think that the text is erroneous?
4) will I hear back when it's been fixed, or if I'm wrong?
For me, number 4) is the most important. I would like to know the effort to report the door has made a difference. Our at least that it's been read.
*I do like the other options, like highlighting and getting translation, dictionary, Wikipedia, and to share, copy, highlight, and note. It's functionality that's made a big difference in retaining me as a Kindle repeat customers.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Have you tried highlighting, then touching 'More'...? the option to Report might be there, still.

I think that

(1) means simply, use the page #.

(2) just the affected text

(3) I think that including just the affected text should beeobvious enough - for instance, for that line, just including 'beeobvious' should be enough.

(4) you most likely won't hear back, from all that I know and that I've heard.

In fact it is possible that the lack of response on these items means, simply, that either "they just don't care", or perhaps, the errors you note and report, somehow crept in individually in transmission errors to your copy.

(In which case, re-downloading the e-book, might possibly eliminate the errors, if you did it with a fast, not-overly-used-at-the-time, efficiently noise-free internet connection, or at an odd hour of the night.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's no [ more ] button anymore.
I've attached screen shots to show your all options.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I may not be able to see this in the screenshots - and thank you for providing them, it must have taken some trouble doing so - but, did you highlight a passage first, that is to say, select a block of text to report? hat may make the More menu option, or a reporting etc. option, visible.

?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep.
I also looked under the share button to see is thru put it there. They didn't.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Then evidently the function has been discontinued - at least in your version. And if your version is the latest, then there's no use trying to change it by updating it, at least not for that purpose.