Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

Unable to do Factoray reset, message that Encryption was

Customer Question

Unable to do Factoray reset, message that Encryption was unsuccessful, no respponse when wave hand from top of screen to bottom. Original problem seemed that battery was totally discharged. Any suggestions for nexr step?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release.Then try powering on normally. If that fails, we will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Wait 15 minutes then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.
Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.

Thank you very much!