Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

In am ***** *****. My Nexus7 Model ME37OT keeps turning

Customer Question

Hi , In am ***** *****. My Nexus7 Model ME37OT keeps turning itself on without me touching the on/off switch, thus draining the battery. It's running on android 5.1.1
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I power off the tablet and within a couple of minutes it powers itself back on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Android Device Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the power switch or power button is triggering falsely, then that could be causing the problem, by the Power button being partially depressed or pressed-upon, already. Any slight extra stress, bending, or pressure on the Power or On button, could turn the Nexus 7 On again.

How old is the Nexus 7 in question? measured from its purchase date.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, I cancelled my question,.requested and received a refund confirm at 3:12 today. Thanks

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com.