Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist

Can I reset the logon password on a Yoga 2.11

Customer Question

Can I reset the logon password ***** a Yoga 2.11
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

The only way to remove the password ***** ***** reset the Tablet. This will remove all data from it and return it to new, but you cannot avoid this sorry, its the whole reason for the security.

To do the reset, please do the below steps

1. At the very beginning switch off the tablet, by holding down the Power key for a short while.
  2. After that, press and hold Volume Up + Power key at the same time for a few seconds.
  3. You can release held keys when you see menu on your screen.
  4. Then press Volume Up to select option "Recovery Mode", and press Volume Down button to confirm.
  5. When the Android Image appears on the screen hold down the Power key for a short while.
  6. Press Volume Down to choose "wipe data/factory reset", and then push the Volume Up buttonto confirm.
  7. Select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume Down button to scroll and Volume Up key to select.
  8. To restart the device, select "reboot system now".
  9. The reset is complete

You can then setup the Tablet like new, and set a new password.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you