Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

The issue is I have a Dragon touch i8 pro The back light is

Customer Question

The issue is I have a Dragon touch i8 pro The back light is on when you turn it on but the screen is blank
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The window screen won't load up its just a blank screen with the back light on I tried turning it off and on and the same thing happen it want's dropped and it was working fine yesterday wasn't
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Android Device Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

This may be caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your tablet will work normally again. press and hold the power switch for 60 seconds, then power back on and check. Let me know how it goes please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It didn't work same issue

I am sorry about this,unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the tablet and a wall outlet charger. Then press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release. Wait 15 minutes then power on by pressing the power button for 3-5 seconds. If that fails then there is most likely a hardware failure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If that doesn't work and there is a hardware failure how do I fix this problem and will I lose the files on this device?

If it is repairable, then it will most likely be formatted aND the files would be lost in the process.