Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

Samsung galaxy s3 tmobile t999.... woke up this morning to

Customer Question

Customer: samsung galaxy s3 tmobile t999.... woke up this morning to could not do manual reboot -- odin mode downloading do not turn off target
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: help - i tried to go to recovery --- nothing .... battery has 68%
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cell Phone Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i thought i would get a quick answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much does a live phone call cost?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's been 3 hours and no one has said anything to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my email is *************
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

If it is coming up in ODIN mode, you should be able to restart it by pressing and holding the power button until it shuts off, and then press and hold it again until it turns on. By default, it should then boot into Android. But if it doesn't, you may have to re-flash the phone. Since it is in odin mode, you can do this manually with Odin, but there is a bit of a learning curve that goes with that, or you can go to Samsung.com and download their software, called KIES. Just download that software, connect the phone and go to the tools menu and then re-initialize.

You may be able to accomplish the same by getting into recovery mode and doing a wipe/reset. To do that, press and hold the down volume when starting the phone - if you do get into recovery, you can navigate the menu with the volume buttons and then select with the power button... go to wipe/factory reset.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To: ***** *****nigan
Android Device ExpertThank you for your replies, but nothing has helped me. I have downloaded kies 2,6, I have tried to connect my phone to my computer, but it keeps erroring/failing. I cannot run the tools emergency recovery; it wants my serial number. I CANNOT BOOT THE PHONE TO GET THE SERIAL NUMBER.I cannot get into recovery mode. I hold the power, volume up and home keys and I don't get anything but the same "could not do manual reboot -- odin mode downloading do not turn off target."I need some step-by-step direction here. I hope you will help me.