Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Powered down my Motorola droid finally but when I power back

Customer Question

Customer: powered down my Motorola droid finally but when I power back up the only thing that comes on the screen is the red Motorola symbol
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well, it said screensaver wasn't working and had to manually close the phone now I cant get the phone working back again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Android Devices Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This can be an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Droid and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger., wait 5 minutes and then try to turn on the Droid.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
says device is locked status code :0 Battery Ok
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

This is going to remove all data from the phone, but its the only option you have and it may even not work if the issue is hardware

Turn off phone
Press power and volume down at the same time and hold till you get to a menu
once there navigate ONLY with volume down
select recovery and then press volume up
wait for the dead android guy to show
then with that on the screen press volume up and power at the same time several times until it takes you to recovery
once there before you do the factory wipe you wipe the partition cache. Then factory wipe.

Tell me if this gets it going please