p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert
59725966

I received Kindle Fire HD10 as a Christmas gift. One

Customer Question

I received Kindle Fire HD10 as a Christmas gift. One important thing I want to use it for is to download back issues from the "Archive" of a magazine I subscribe to ("Model Railroader"). You do this by going to a web site the publisher provides for this purpose. That works perfectly on my laptop. However, from what I can see, the only way to access any web sites on the Fire is vis the "Amazon silk browser." When I bring up the magazine archive site on the silk browser only a part of the home page comes up, and it the part that does come up offers NO capability to select issues to download. Am I missing something? Or does the the Fire have some capabilty that I have not discovered to get to a site of this nature? Or, am I trying to do something the Fire is not designed to do no matter what I enter. HELP
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Tom.

What you are trying to do is simply not an option. The silk browser does not have the capability of downloading items in that manner.

What you could do, however, is to visit that site on your computer. So long as the magazine issues are in a compatible format (.epub, .pdf, .azn, etc), then you can download them to your computer, and then transfer them to the kindle via usb cable. If you would like to confirm the file type, I can help you through those steps.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.