JKalman
JKalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

My axtrix 4g suddenly stopped getting u tube. It come up

Customer Question

My axtrix 4g suddenly stopped getting u tube. It come up with error try again. It was fine before . I need a advanced tech. I went threw all trouble shooting opera browser lets me veiw 1/100 but something is not right length of film doesn't matter. Other Motorola ATRIX owners are saying the same online. Help how can I fix my phone. No factory reset.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JKalman replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem. You need to go to Settings > Tools > Application Manager and scroll down to You Tube and open it. Then tap on Clear Data, Force Stop, and Uninstall Updates, in that order. Then restart your Android smartphone. Please let me know if this resolved your problem, so that You Tube is now working for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No it did not work. Before we get started. the last tech lost my playstore after three hours of consult, so incase i have to factory reset or get another phone i insist that i have a way to safely guRD MY MATERIAL. Without a laptop i would like to know how to transfere my contacts, apps, app monter, and photos to something the cloud??? or a website something that holds a copy of my stuff so i can transferer it back to my old phone or perhaps a new phone incase i need to. so what do i need to do that without a laptop or pc. a paid subscription is ok. my current motorola atix 4g has google stuff is there somewhere an app or website for my stuff????
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
let me know ur not online currently. ps the ads at bottom keep hiding my text.
Expert:  JKalman replied 10 months ago.

I am online. I have been trying to report your duplicate question without success.

Expert:  JKalman replied 10 months ago.

What device are you using for this conversation?

Expert:  JKalman replied 10 months ago.

I have found another user who reports that the latest youtube update caused the problem and that uninstalling updates fixed the problem. I told you to try that in my original reply to your question. Have you done that? You acknowledged trying Force Stop but not Uninstalling Updates. Please follow the directions and report back to me that you have done what I directed you to do.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i followed your direction exactly no response
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i used computer for conversation but will mostlikely be usung phone
Expert:  JKalman replied 10 months ago.

Hello again, and thank you for your response. I have shared with you what I learned from troubleshooting application problems with my carrier from whom I obtained my smartphones. I have had both the original Motorola Atrix and the Samsung Galaxy S4.

Feel free to call your wireless provider and let them troubleshoot with you. If uninstalling updates does not work, the last resort would be to do a factory reset on your phone. So now the problem is how to backup all your personal data.

If your phone is registered with Google, your device contacts will be backed up there and become Google contacts when they ae restored. You can backup your photos by connecting your phone to your computer with the usb cable. Or you can install Lookout, which is a good security app that you can download from the Play store. The security features and contact backup are available on the free app. Photo backups requires upgrading to a paid version, which will backup your photos automatically.