Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

Have a new Kindle Fire 7, 5th generation, set it up, now

Customer Question

Have a new Kindle Fire 7, 5th generation, set it up, now have all white screen. At best a faint view of the first "page." Writing very small, can't tell what it says, so therefore can't figure out what I'm supposed to tap.
Have used up my allotment of "F" words. Will try to be a lady.
How do I get back the color screen?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release.
Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power switch..on the tablet? or on the plug in to the power bar or whatever you call it.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I held the "on button" down for 40 still the same result. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your next thought...

Hold the power button on the back of the kindle down for 40 seconds. It should power off and then return to the normal home screen , that should clear it up. Let me know if it doesn't.