Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

Help! my kobo aura has developed a horizontal strip across

Customer Question

Help! my kobo aura has developed a white horizontal strip across middle of screen. almost like no pixel.
wilda alford
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.
  • Hi,

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

• You will need to determine if this is a firmware or hardware issue.
  • If it is a hardware issue then the only option will be to get it replaced. If the kobo is less than 12 months old it may be possible to get this done under the warranty.
  • The only option to rule out the firmware in the kobo will be a factory restore.
  • The process for restoring begins by wiping the kobo, which puts it into the same clean state it was when you first got it out of the box.
  • Try a basic reset first, this will force your eReader to restart properly. In many cases, this is enough to restore your eReader to normal.

• If possible, turn off your eReader.
  • Locate the small hole on the bottom of your eReader.
  • Unfold a paperclip and slide an end into the hole.
  • Press gently until you feel a click. Your eReader should restart.
  • Performing a factory reset

If a basic reset doesn't work, you can perform a factory reset to restore your eReader to its original settings. After a factory reset, you’ll have to set up and sync your eReader again.

If you perform a factory reset on your eReader, you'll:

• Remove all books from your eReader. Any books you purchased from Kobo can be re-downloaded from the Kobo Cloud after a factory reset.
  • Lose any bookmarks and annotations you made in your books since you last synced your eReader.
  • Sign out of your account on your eReader.
  • Reset all of your settings and preferences.
  • Return your eReader to its original settings.
  • If possible, back up any books or documents that you added to your eReader using Adobe Digital Editions, or that you manually added using your computer. You do not need to back up any books you bought from Kobo. Any books you purchased from Kobo can be re-downloaded from the Kobo Cloud after a factory reset.
  • Go to your Home screen.
  • Tap the Menu icon at the top of the screen.
    The Quick Settings panel will appear.
  • Tap Settings.
  • Tap Device information.
  • Tap Factory Reset under Advanced.
  • Tap Reset Now.
  • If that fails then your only option will be to replace the kobo.
  • You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kobo replaced with the kobo app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers.
  • Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!