Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

Installing image on SD card memo pad HD 7. "Script not found

Customer Question

Customer: Installing image on SD card for ASUS memo pad HD 7. "Script not found Please use new version image error. I tried 3 different of Phoenixcard. All three versions of PhoenixCard see the SD card as "ok", all 3 give the same error
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have 2 different version of the Android image for my device and tried both: ME173X_25_05_2014_pre-rooted-signed and VibeUI_ME173X_v2.0
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Android Devices Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question today.

What is the exact error you are seeing. Is the script errror?

When that particular script error happens, it usually means you are going to have to do a fresh flash - earese, flash, erase, and do it with the entire Android image, not just the incrementals. That's what I would suggest doing - it would be best for the long run, as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Performing a complete flash of my android device is what I want to do and yes it is the generic "script not found please use new version image" error. It was mentioned in my original post. I also tried 3 versions of PhoenixCard, 2 different internal SD cards readers on 2 windows PC's and an external USB card reader the Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader (TS-RDF5K) on 3 windows PC's and they all generated the same "script not found please use new version image" error. I tried the process with a 2GB and 16GB SD cards on all 3 PC's and got the same error

It might be the process you are using.

First, do you have a custom recovery installed?

This is where I would start from:

http://bitli.es/5mxNft

The process, especially on older devices, is fairly complex. You must unlock the bootloader, flash a custom recovery, then you can restore a backup copy of the OS, or you can flash the OS from the custom recovery. I'm not sure exactly what procedure you are currently using with the PhoenixCard... but using flash_tool.exe is the most straightforward way.