Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

ASUS tablet has "Homeland Security Virus" and I am unable to

Customer Question

ASUS tablet has "Homeland Security Virus" and I am unable to figure out how to remove it.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If your entire tablets is affected, then it is better to factory reset to remove the virus completely from your tab. Remember, factory reset will delete everything from it and return it to new. If you have any important files on it, then connect the tablet to your computer and backup your files. Remove SD card if any before factory reset.

Follow the steps below to factory reset it.

Turn it off. Then hold down Volume Down and Power until you see a white text (it may take up to 10 seconds). Release both buttons and wait until you see 2 icons. Tap Volume Down to select WIPE DATA then tap Volume Up to confirm wipe. Confirm again if asked. You may need to repeat these steps to get to this menu (If you see 4 icons, then let me know)

This will factory reset it and remove the virus. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.